Sunday, June 21, 2015

Sagrada Familia in Barcelona

My girlfriend, Candy and I took a trip to Spain and Portugal in early June.  Instead of booking a tour, we decided to travel independently.  Since I've been there before, it was not difficult.  With the help of EuropeanDestinations.com, I was able to book the whole trip in one transaction.  I did not book any local tour with the company, instead relying on my own knowledge and tour books.  I booked in advance the popular tourist places:  Sagrada Familia and The Alhambra.  Looking back, it may have cost us a little more to book through EuropeanDestinations but I saved a lot of work vetting out the many hotels and making the airline reservations.

We visited Barcelona, Granada, Sevilla, Madrid, Toledo, Porto and Lisbon.  I visited Barcelona, Madrid and Lisbon in 2011.  You can read more about them in this blog in the 2011 posts.  I will update them with some new pictures in the latest posts.

When I went to Barcelona in 2011, I visited the Sagrada Familia.  At that time I was not prepared and did not buy tickets in advance.  The line was about 2 hours long and I didn't have time to wait.  So I just took pictures of the outside of the Basilica.  This time I made sure that we get inside the church on a guided tour.  So, on the afternoon that we arrived in Barcelona we took a a 15-mnute bus ride there from the hotel.  Below are pictures of the Sagrada Familia and other parts of Barcelona.

Sagrada Familia

Inside the Basilica

A close-up view of Statue of Jesus

Intricate carvings around the church - 3 Wisemen

More Carvings outside

Park Guell

National Museum of Fine Arts

No comments:

Post a Comment