Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Chintsa

The next stop after Coffee Bay is Chintsa.  I heard from the driver and others that it's a beautiful place to stop, with it's hostel looking out towards the ocean.  I had planned to stay 3 nights but the night we arrived there, it rained.  That put a damper on any kind of outdoor activities.  Maybe my expectations were too high but I was a little disappointed with the size and the way the facilities were spread out.  I  had my own room with a beautiful view of the ocean but for me to get anywhere, I had to go outside. For example, I had to cross the road to the use the bathroom facilities.  No fun in the middle of the night.  I decided to go "natural."  Dining is in another building above and the lobby is in a separate building.  After the coziness of Coffee Shack, this place gets a little impersonal.  Besides, their prices for food and other things were higher.  I decided to stay just 1 night.  We didn't do anything other than walked to the village.  Mostly, we sat around and read because there was nothing else to do. 
There was a group of British kids there for surf school.  They did more than surfing.  They were drinking and dancing until the wee hours of the morning.  Wonder how they stay afloat on the surf.

We had to cross this bridge to walk to the village.

A small convenience store at the village


The beach is excellent for surfing

Beautiful sunset


No comments:

Post a Comment