Thursday, May 17, 2012

Sydney by Day

It was a beautiful day when we set out to explore the city of Sydney. The sun was out and the temperature was about 70F. Perfect day for walking around and taking pictures. Being surrounded by water makes the city even more beautiful. I bought a 7-day travel pass that allows me unlimited travel on the ferries, light-rail, monorail and buses. The first trip I took was to a place called Manly Beach. I was told that the ferry would pass by the Sydney Opera House and would offer an excellent picture opportunity. I couldn't have gotten closer to the front of the Opera House. I am taking advantage of the availability of a high-speed internet to upload some pictures that I took during the day. On my next post I will share the ones that I took at night.
Note:  you can have an enlarged view of the pictures by left-clicking on your mouse
Close-up View of the Sydney Opera House

Manly Beach with surfers trying to catch some waves
The Corso - Pedestrian Mall at Manly Beach
Monorail is one of the transportation options
Sydney Harbor Bridge
I had this for lunch.  I ate it on the ferry back to Sydney Harbor
Pyrmont Bridge, next to Darling Harbor and CBD in the background
Another View of the CBD from the Pyrmont Bridge
Convention Center and Restaurants in Darling Harbor
Bondi Beach
Royal Botanic Garden with CBD in the background

No comments:

Post a Comment