Sunday, January 30, 2011

Halong Bay Revisited



My daughter, Cynthia, and girlfriend, Candy, visited me in Hanoi the last few days. We booked a 2-day/1-night cruise on Halong Bay on one of the nicer cruises. This is my third visit to Halong Bay. The last two were one-day trips. The overnight trip allows you to experience Halong Bay in the evening and at a more leisure pace.
Our boat is called the Indochina Sails. It usually costs around $200 a night per person but since this is the low season, it was cheaper; about $150 a night per person. The boat has 15 cabins and each cabin is furnished like a nice hotel room. It has individual bathrooms and showers. They also served some very nice meals on the boat. If you can afford it, this is definitely the way to experience Halong Bay.
Like in my previous trips, we also saw the caves and a floating village.
You can refer to my other post on Halong Bay in August 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment