Friday, October 20, 2017

London, finally!

I started my trip on September 26, and tomorrow, my last day, is October 21st.  I've been traveling for almost a month.  It's hard to believe, I am finally at my last stop - London.  It is one of the greatest cities in the world, so it needs no introduction.  It's late in the evening and I am leaving in the morning.  So, instead of writing a long narrative about London, I am just going to post some pictures that I took while going for a long walk this afternoon and early evening.

I am staying at a Hilton near the Tower Bridge.  The Tower Bridge is the icon of London.  It's a beautiful and busy area.  I walked from Tower Bridge, alongside the river, to the Shakespeare Globe Theater, the Tate Modern Museum, across the Millennium Bridge towards St. Paul Cathedral.  Then I head towards to Covent Garden, Trafalgar Square, Piccadilly Circus, Chinatown and finally Leicester Square.  These are places that I've been to several times before so it's just a nice way to refresh my memory.  Even at this time of the year, there are a lot of tourists from all over the world.

Oh..by the way, I did stop at a pub between Covent Garden and Trafalgar Square to have some fish & chips and a pint of draft beer.  You can't say you've been to England without eating some local fish & chips.

The iconic Tower Bridge

Tower Bridge Museum

Story about the song "London Bridge is Falling Down"

London Bridge

What happened to the old London Bridge?

Shakespeare Globe Theater

Millennium Bridge, with St. Paul Cathedral on the right

Tate Modern Museum

St. Paul Cathedral

Covent Garden, with musicians playing

Trafalgar Square, with Nelson's Column, commemorating defeat of Napoleon

Piccadilly Circus, much smaller than most people think

Chinatown, on Gerard Street

Tower Bridge at Night
The Marquis, where I stopped to have fish & chips and beer

No comments:

Post a Comment