Saturday, August 20, 2011

Leaving HOT, HOT Phoenix

Am I glad to be out of the heat. It's been very hot in Phoenix the last 2 months. The high temperature today in Phoenix is 105F or 40.5C. Next week it's going to go up to 110F or 43C. Now that's hot. You can't do much outside.
I am at the airport waiting for my British Airways flight to London Heathrow, then to Hamburg. The flight to London is almost 10 hours, non-stop. I have an almost 2-hour layover in London before connecting to Hamburg.
In Hamburg, the high temperature is less than 70F so I'll probably need a jacket even during the day.
I'll spend a couple of days in Hamburg, doing some planning with Ralph and enjoying some good German food and beer. This is my second trip to Hamburg.
Hamburg is in the northern part of Germany. I was there about 13 years ago and it was in late November. It was very cold. I don't remember much of the place. Hopefully, this time I will get to know Hamburg better.

No comments:

Post a Comment